PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2009, 01:45
Deemo888

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 1

Hey guys! Long time lurker and new poster here. Had my Stage 1 with NATS yesterday (29th June) and just wanted to let people know about the experience if they have their’s coming up.

I was on the morning session which started at 11am. I arrived at CTC about 10:30 and was told to wait in the canteen area just behind reception. At about 10:50 a woman came and registered us all (think there was about 20 of us) and gave us our candidate numbers before taking us off into the test room. There was no ATC talk today, we just went straight into the tests.

The first test we got was the motivation paper, which if you’ve read the booklet front to back you should breeze through no problems and have the opportunity to go back through your answers. A few of the questions aren’t in the book but are fairly straight forward. First test is 20 minutes and I think it was 30 questions.

The second test was the cubes!!!! Good God!! I knew these were going to be hard and I did as much as I could to prepare but this was tough! 20 minutes and 40 questions. The time on this seemed to fly by and I only managed 27 of them which I don’t think will be good enough but we’ll see.

Diagramming came next – 20 minutes and 50 questions. These weren’t as hard as I thought they’d be but still wasn’t pleased with the fact I only managed 37 of them.

Next the dreaded D/S/T paper which seems to have caught people out – Some questions were solid, others pretty simple. All in all not too painful! 15 minutes and 20 questions.

And that’s the day over. Started at 11am and think we were done by 1pm and sent on our way.

Just the 15 working days to wait now. Not too confident as I think I let myself down on the cubes but we’ll see what they say.

Last edited by Deemo888; 30th Jun 2009 at 14:45.