PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate hearing and NAS – interesting answers from CASA
Old 30th Jun 2009, 00:31
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I also like-

[QUOTEMr McCormick—I am new to this position—but that is not to say I am not responsible for it. This
document does say it will be modelled on the US system; it does not say we will adopt the US system.
There
are a few other issues, I think, particularly on page 15 of the document to which you refer—the airspace policy
statement signed by the Hon. Mark Vaile—which says:
5.5 How major changes to airspace will be made
... These steps will include:
risk management analysis consistent with the CASA Risk Management System and the Common Risk Management
Framework
(see below);
And there are further references to that common risk management framework. My own inquiries have
discovered that that common risk management framework has never reached a final version
.][/QUOTE]

Which is also quite telling from a different point of view.

Senator HEFFERNAN—When is it planned to have the NAS reforms completed?
Mr Cromarty—Senator, the airspace policy statement, as Mr McCormick has just pointed out, is not, ‘Do
NAS; copy the United States system.’ It is, ‘Do NAS, subject to analytical process and cost-benefit analysis.’
And I would draw your attention to paragraph 5.2 on page 14, where it says:
Future stages of the NAS will be implemented subject to the results of an enhanced analytical process, including cost–
benefit ...
That is what we have been doing.