PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST (BHD) - 3
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2009, 23:54
cuthere

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BFSKLBD. Perhaps a quick search of the posts by myself and Gate 22 over the years will give you a feel for our respective thoughts on airports/airlines in NI. Essentially BFS, EI, LS, EZY, WW, CO are ALL amazing. BHD, LDY, RE, FR, BD, BE, etc etc are crap. The exception being, any of RE, FR, BD, BE who see "sense" and move to BFS to set up a base.

I (perhaps a utopian view) would like to see all three prosper (might encourage BFS, most used in NI, to get its act together). However.....

Rather than point out delayed/diverted flights, copying/pasting flight arrivals/departures from websites/generally being completely negative/destructive, I have generally been supportive of NI aviation (and I mean generally). However, SOME of the BFS brigade have been on here bitching and moaning about the runway extension at BHD, how the inevitable demise of LDY would lead to RYR at BFS and so on and so on and so on.

Almost 35% of NI's population lives in the greater Belfast area.....making BHD a very useful resource it could be argued........

Unfortunately, my initial interest in LDY on here was quickly polluted by a few of the BFS lot making snide and pointless comments about something few had knowledge of, which in turn led me to becoming increasingly p&ssed off.

Anyway, for Gate 22's benefit...."Ive saw the l'ight" and am off back to the Derry thread from whence I came, and shall not again soil the BFS thread. I'm sure he/(hahahaha maybe even she!!) has the ability to soil it for all of us!