PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any royal navy helicopter pilots on here?
Old 29th Jun 2009, 21:59
cbennett

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you very much for all of your time and effort put in to the reply's. I apologise for the rather vague original post. Switch on lofty, i am in the early stages of an apprenticeship in Electrical Engineering (Aircraft) in which i have put my all in to so far, and have achieved very pleasing results in all areas. I have researched and spoken to careers advisors, who inform me my qualifications gained from the apprenticeship will be enough to apply as a pilot; However this way the chances are i will be disadvantaged academically compared to other applicants (for example: University graduates). To overcome this i am going to study part-time to gain Maths A levels, as well as start gliding to gain flight experience.

After the completion of the apprenticeship i will have a Nation certificate in Electrical Engineering (at highest level the way things are going), a HNC in Electrical Engineering, A level Maths and experience in gliding and possibly powered flight. This is if all goes to plan obviously, which i am sure it will as i am extremely determined to reach my goal. Even after this i know i will still be an underdog with regards to selection process, and i would be very appreciative of any extra guidance that anybody may have.

My main concern, and the main reason i started this post regards the commitment that the armed services carries with it, especially when you add girlfriends and family into the equation. Its a dangerous world out there, especially with the risk of being blown out of the air.

Apologies to any of you reading who have annoyed due to the start of this post. I know i am just another wannabe pilot who with a dream, but i am sure many of you have shared the same dream at some point.