PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2009, 17:13
PC767

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
What I think and what I'm told to think is the issue. In the same way that, as cabin crew, I'm told that I can only think if bassa tell me it's alright, I also have BA telling me how to think.

Daily I receive missives from BA telling me how bad things are, premium travel has collapsed, premium travel may never recover, the banking sector has vanished, the banking sector was a major premium customer, the banking sector business may never recover.

Oh, by the way we've pushed ahead with plans to launch a business only route, financed by the banking sector.

I think the LCY-JFK route is a good idea. I'm not certain about the timing. Whilst I think Walsh is over-egging the situation for his own ends, I also think that Bassa is under-reacting. The vast majority of members on this site subscribe to Walsh vision. The Business week article rather sums up the thoughts I've had for sometime.

Time for change, agreed, opportunistic smash and grab by BA, expected - why shouldn't they try. Why am I challenged for reading between the lines, because Walsh has made it a pre-requisite that no deals go forward unless all departments have a deal. This may explain why the polite and friendly Captain joined me for lunch in Cranebank recently, told me he had applied for VR and was ready to leave, then told me that I would have to earn less and work more, so he could take his cash and go. You wonder!