PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Starting to regret it!
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2009, 13:10
TurboJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really do think judging by some of the posts on here that some of you are delusional.
Having come into flying from another profession, I can assure you that I work far less for considerably more money - and that is not taking into account my earning potential as a Captain or Trainer. Tell me what other job can have me sat on standby watching the tennis, ready to crack open the beer as soon as 4pm arrives?

I'm not sure it makes that much sense as a career nowadays compared to some of the better alternatives.
So what are the better alternatives. In 2009 Britain, most jobs incorporate some sort of unsociable hours, not just flying. So what are these great alternatives??????????????

Its easy to think that there are better jobs out there until you go off and do them and then realise that what you had was ok to start with ?? Grass and greener springs to mind.

At least your home on your days off and not working for a cowboy outfit that says you have to have your days off down route or refuses to position you home for your days off !!

You're not the only one who misses their family when working, but unfortunately unsociable hours seems to be the norm in almost most walks of life;

and another thing.............I don't see many 9-5 Dads in the playground picking their kids up from school - having days off during the week is great to have time to yourself, do your own thing, go to the gym/shops when they are quiet and do the school runs etc etc ............

I'm not looking for anyone to feel sorry for me.
We're not.

Ask yourself why so many pilots end up divorced...
Cos they can't keep it in their pants.