PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 29th Jun 2009, 10:20
rotornut01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry Peely, I thought I had answered the question.

So that the customer (trainee pilot) can choose a school who provide the best service and product. That is assuming that the customers number one aim is to get a job in the industry.

I wholeheartedly agree that employment decisions are most often based on a persons attitude, professionalism and ability to get on with people rather than hands and feet piloting ability. However this has no relevance to the customers selection of training provider.

As to the indication that the proposed change to part 141 will provide any measures that will help in this regard, I have yet to see evidence of that. What measures will it provide that will give a prospective customer an informed decision on who to train with?

Part 141 will, as I understand it, demand a minimum standard that the training provider must meet in order to be able to provide the training. This will at least set a minimum standard for all training providers, which may or may not be a good thing, however it will still provide no more distinction between the below average, the average and the above average training providers. No different from Part 135 now...

Just my thoughts....