PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biggin Hill Airshow - or not -28th June 2009
Old 29th Jun 2009, 07:28
One9iner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jofm5. I agree, display wise, weather wise etc...it was a good day, and nobody can direct any blame for aircraft going tech. I also appreciate your point regarding military resources being slightly stretched comparable to previous years.

Traffic wise, all of the authorities clearly need to sit down together, and work out a plan, and stick to it. Having no system in the car park, and the odd bobby standing on a few street corners outside is not a workable solution and is a waste of everyones time.

If I return next year I'm just going to take a bbq incase there is the same mess again, and relax until the traffic has gone!!

The most laughable moment during our attempts to leave, was over hearing a lot of military guys moaning that they had to get back to base for various reasons. After speaking to one guy in the Blue's and Royals, he said he was organising all of his guys with cars to line up and they were going to force their way through in a direction that civilian cars were not yet allowed. They did just that, civilian cars followed, military guys stopped them... and it worked..

This I found unbelievable. The lack of any real system was that bad, our own military were trapped.

Anyway. Rant over. Letter of complaint in the post