PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Biggin Hill Airshow - or not -28th June 2009
Old 28th Jun 2009, 20:02
Tempsford

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Biggin Hill Airshow - or not -28th June 2009

3 1/2 hours after leaving home (left at 09:30 to be there in good time), close to saying forget it and come home, I arrived at Biggin Hill Airshow today. Had pre-paid taickets with 'A' Car Park Pass. Never saw a sign for 'A' Car Park and was told 'look just park there mate'. #3 Son had to buy a ticket. Hundreds of people coming in at this particular gate - 3 people selling tickets- 1 with a Credit Card Machine. Absolute mayhem!
Made our way to the display line - absolutely chock a block. Nowhere to stand let alone sit.
Then was told that the gates had shut - probably leaving a loy of very hacked off people outside.
Then it got even better, we already knew that the B17 was u/s, but we were then informed so was the Lacaster and surprise surprise, the Vulcan. Watch the mini migration home when some folks heard that the Vulcan was a no show. And yes, I do know that aerplanes go u/s.
Was there a positive at all today? Yes, one. The Virgin B747 in formation with the Arrows, that was it. Well done to the folk involved with that.
Over 30 years of airshows, been to Biggin many times before. By far the worst air show I have ever been to and probably won't bother with Biggin again, ever!

Annoyed? Too damned right I am!