PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Defence: Public ignorance, the media, and cutbacks
Old 28th Jun 2009, 18:45
VinRouge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2. Flying Pay...Only paid on days flown. No reserve rate for those driving desks.
Jim, if they contemplate that, I will take myself and my training abroad. So will many others. Quite simply, they couldnt afford the massive loss of experience. If they were willing to change my employment terms like that, I would be quite happy to see them in court after I give in my 1 months notice.

MGD,

viewing here:

A Second Mortgage Disaster On The Horizon? - 60 Minutes - CBS News

This will be worse than subprime. (these were above sub-prime in their status yet they are already hitting 60% default rate in the USA).

you can dream on about a 2011 recovery. We will still be going through the worst of it then. Further bank write downs, with higher interest rates (otherwise gilt buyers will be going on strike) and increasing taxation (debt servicing is costing Circa over 100% of the defence budget per annum, S&P are estimating government debt is due to quadruple over the next 20 years) is going to kill any rapid recovery. Its going to be long, painful and drawn out.. And defence will not be exactly benefitting from any of this. Even with a Conservative government. The last 10 years were about having a free lunch on the plastic. The next 10 will be about paying our debt hangover.

Last edited by VinRouge; 28th Jun 2009 at 18:56.