PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uni or CPP??
Thread: Uni or CPP??
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2009, 17:44
CPL8446

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Uni or CPP??

G'day folks,

I am a new ppruner and this is my first thread (tho i've been tuned in for quite some time now).

Dunno if anyone else got a similar problem.

Just a bit of a background of meself. I am currently doing an Aviation Degree in South Australia and flying 172SPs (GFPT). Although I still got one and a half year til I finish my degree, I start wondering when is the best timing to start applying for CPP.

I am really keen to get into the industry as soon as possible and I know this probably isn't the best timing provided the conditions given.

If I send in my application before I finish my degree and get a thumbs up from CX, should I give up the last bit of uni? Which I find pretty useful since it will cover most CRM, TEM and Airline Op Management stuff. Another important factor is that me folks insist on me getting the degree, tho I know it's not crucial to get a degree for CPP but it still acts as kind of a back-up.

Is it better if I just write them a letter and show my interest in joining right after I finish my studies? Mayb I can provide them a date or time which I will definitely be available?

For airwork, I have been doing shark patrol as a backseat observer for the last season. I obtained Class 1 (outdated) and 2 (current) meds and ASIC.
Provided that I have been in the air cadets, I was lucky enuf to have a shot at the first ever KA mentorship programme and met some of the "big guns" (dunno if thats the right word) over there.

One last question, does anyone know if having quite some hrs say over 150 and possibly a CPL affect the chances of getting in? Or should better off just getting CIR and twin time?

Thanks in advance guys, I know it maybe a bit long. Apologies.

P.S. I am also thinking of getting grob, TB-10 and duchcess time after PPL. Will that help?