PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A330 Future Tanker
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2009, 17:08
BEagle

Received 276 Likes on 112 Posts
Both the A310MRTT and the KC-30A have winglets and both have very stable wing hose dynamics.

When Marshalls went to watch a VC10K hose sequence, they were aghast to note the hose whip during normal wind/trail sequences.

"We're going to have to redesign the pylon" said one.

Not long after, despite the mi££ions wasted on the programme, the TriStar wing AAR pod project was binned.

I did one of those trails which required a TriStar T/T bracket in the middle - the AARC had re-planned a 3 wave plan from Las Vegas to Ottawa with 1 TriStar to whirl successive VC10s.

You can already sense the goats getting restless.....

I was wave 2; due to weather, the previous wave had taken longer than planned to prod and take their fuel, so our RV with the TriStar was later than anticipated - and we needed a bit more gas. That went fine, move astern, clear contact centre, clunk, green on, fuel flows, "Tell me when we've got enough"........except the nav had forgotten that we were going to Ottawa, not Halifax as per the original plan. So all the sweat and effort then had us a tadge over MLW..... We had a larf, dumped a tonne in a convenient cloud and the nav, good chap that he was, bought the beers at the hotel.

Good fun though, AAR! Shame that the RAF A330MRTT won't be able to take fuel though, unlike the RAAF's KC-30A.

Last edited by BEagle; 7th Aug 2009 at 05:02.