PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sponsorship Help!
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2009, 15:38
flyhighspeed300

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flying?

great idea that your going to do a ppl course, why not do some flying hours now, it all counts.that way your know if its for you!!!
remember at the moment there is alot of pilots with no jobs as well. including my-self. the pilot job market is saturated at the moment...
i have spent over £70K including living costs, and i have no full time pilots job and thats is nearly a year ago. So i am now having to pay for my ratings such a the IR/medical again to renew them. that is costly..
if you do, do the frozen ATPL course there is no going back, because of the money side of thing.
+ with CTC if you are one of the very lucky ones and gets a job like one of my firend was a lucky. he said that its not a great as he thought it would be. your proably get paid around 20K for the first couple of years (estimated 3years). but CTC/ banks, money issues etc wants at least £1,000 back every month , so thats £12K a year. so before tax, your looking at being home around less than £8K ayear for maybe upto the first three years. its not alot of money after you have spent all of that out.
i work and fly for free, and get very little at the moment. if i don't work for free then i will get nothing..