PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multiflight interview/Atlantic part sponsorship
Old 28th Jun 2009, 12:17
MMEMatty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not too sure about that last statement. If you do have a degree/A-levels you MAY find some of the academic sections of selection easier than someone without. However having these qualifications will not be held against you throughout selection (as was implied by the previous post)

If you let it go to your head, have an attitude that (I have a degree / 5 A-Levels at Grade A***+, I will walk this, they will beg to let me fly for them) then that WILL be held against you.

As an example, I would say that half of the cadets employed (in whatever capacity) at the moment have University education. I think almost All have A-Levels (or their equivolent)

Also, I would say that "Perfect" English is stretching it a bit. You have to think, you will be working in England, with predominantly British workers, many of whom are products of the UK school of foreign languages (i.e. talk louder and point), so you will have to be pretty fluent in English. But perhaps not "Perfect"