PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2009, 09:23
MrBunker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PC767,

Steady on - it's not a hatred of BASSA and crew. I don't hate crew in any sense, I'm wed to one and I genuinely enjoy the company of those I work with. However, I'm disappointed in BASSA and the selective use of information that they operate with. Our reps handed your chairperson the putative pilot agreement in its' entirety in order to maintain clarity and so that no ambiguity might be brought to bear in inter-union dealings. That she then chose to not disseminate it to you in toto suggests to me that there is more at play than meets the eye.

As for the cheeseboard, it's a real shame that you raise that as I feel it reduces your hitherto reasoned arguments on here to the slightly histrionic level of SP. At the risk of rehashing some very old facts, we gave away the cheeseboard in order to assist in funding the retirement package of the remaining Flight Engineers in the airline after the 747 Classic aircraft were grounded post 9/11. You might, if so minded, draw a contra-analogy with the manner in which BASSA appears (I say appears, as I'm aware that behind the scenes negotiations continue apace - or at least I fervently hope they do) to be willing to cut LGW adrift. SP's comments regarding the relative professionalism of LHR and LGW crews were some of the most petulant and professionally disloyal words I've ever seen written.

As an aside, my CSD wife who's sitting next to me has just informed me that LGW only lag a couple of percentage points behind LHR on the GPM scores. Not bad at all for a crew working to leaner numbers with less current experience. I rather think that speaks volumes. You, no doubt, will choose to disagree, presumably with vague rabble-rousing soundbites.