PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2009, 07:50
TUGNBAR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baggage Times

Arrived back late last night along with many other fellow passengers and had to wait 1.5 hours for the baggage. I found out that the handling agent had just 03 baggage handlers on shift after midnight!!!

As an ex-ground handler, I know how it can be sometimes and maybe there is a plausable reason andthis is just a one off case however, upon speaking with some of the staff whilst waiting, it was apparent that this was a regular occurence after midnight.

Obviously Safety, customer service, and any Standard Operating Procedures, etc etc have completely gone out of the window for this handling agent.

Back in my day to handle a 737 you HAD to have a minimum amount of staff on each aircraft or the airline/operator penalised you however , back in my day it was exciting and enjoyable working for these airlines/operators ... LOW COST has literally changed it all.

It would be interesting to hear from anyone else who has experienced this or seen these and other handling agents working practices stretched to the limit.

I paid very little for my flight so naturally expected some form of low service but should this be allowed and accepted.

Do the BAA ever enforce anything for this sort of baggage delay or do baggage time checks on these airlines.