PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Our Airline...What are they upto?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2009, 04:21
blackbandit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Answer

I wasnt going to embarrass the idiot who asked the ridiculous question in the first place but you guys keep asking for it. (Ridiculous question because: PIASA didnt work!!! IATA membership irrelevant, wow, you are a smart dude!)

The PIASA thing. WOW, none of you have been around for long have you. I thought maybe I was educating new comers to the region, but now I know I am dealing with neophytes.

Those of you who have been in the pacific for any length of time will agree with me when I say this has been tried before. And it failed miserably. Dismally! Air Pac was intially set up as the region's airline. Owned by all the tin pot nations it would service, but of course, our uneducated and jealous brothers could not accept the concept. i mean why shouldn't Air Pac be based in Nauru or Kiribas??

As with the PASO concept, (the broke and supposed regulator), this has been tried on 5 separate occasions since the sixties. All failed, as will PASO.

The thing about Pacific Islands is that we dont like each other. We dont really assist each other. We are competitive to the point of obsession with each other. We certainly dont trust each other!

I think that answers your question, and completely reinforces every point I have made. The sooner you people can get out of your microcosm and gain a little experience, the sooner you will enjoy my level of enlightenment.

One ping only Vasilies. October. (perhaps you should tell them why Feenwit, or are you not in a position to know?)

zanzibar=feenix

Last edited by blackbandit; 28th Jun 2009 at 05:25.