PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Zealand - Training Schools and Job Prospects
Old 28th Jun 2009, 03:47
rotornut01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a load of croc Turkey. Open your eyes and your mind, look around you, ask around.

I know of a lot of pilots (from 180hrs through to 3000hrs+) currently flying in NZ who have been trained using money funded through the student loan scheme. Sure some have gone overseas to get their first break in the industry because typically NZ has been a hard place to get a start, but there are also quite a few who have only worked in NZ.

Just because someone has funded their training through the student loan scheme does not mean that they are not passionate or professional.

By the way, even though I funded my licence through hard earned cash, if the student loan scheme had been around when I started flying I would have used it rather than spending the 8 years that I did to to get my licence. It wouldn't have made me any less passionate.

I think it would be beneficial if every training establishment (student loan funded or not) had to publish results for what percentage of their trainees are gainfully employed in the industry. Though probably hard to track for those who go overseas to get jobs and hard to tell if the percentages were doctored or not.