PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dry Rwy stp perf with reverse and CRZ CG
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2009, 22:37
Mad (Flt) Scientist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apologies - I thought he was questioning the first statement in caps, not the second.

The statement about the autobrakes targeting a decel remains valid, so the only way that they should be a factor in the final distance is if there is some portion of the landing roll where the AB cannot reach the target decel without TR "help".

Looking at the 737 info it does look somewhat odd, in that there's no TR penalty for AB3, the same penalty for both 1 or 2 TR inop for AB2, a different (much larger) penalty for AB1 and a penalty only for 2 TR inop for AB max. It has to be down in the details of how the system engages would be my expectation - I'll also note that the numbers are very small in all but the AB1 case (20ft and 110ft) which is getting close to the limits of the methodology for calculating stopping distances - if you compare the ref distances for the same AB selection but different braking actions, there are cases where even though the target decel is apparently available in both cases, the actual distance quoted differs - and by more than the 110ft we're seeing in the TR cases.