PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dining on Overnights
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2009, 20:51
PlankBlender

When in Melbourne, try the steak at the Balaclava Hotel in Carlisle Street. The pub/pokie atmosphere belies the quality of the kitchen, the $25-odd eye fillet is one of the juiciest and best-tasting steaks I've had, and beats fare that other restaurants charge double for hands down. You might run into some interesting St Kilda type characters in the bar, and it generally makes for a colourful and interesting evening

The only better steaks I've had in Australia have been at the Steakhouse at New Quai, Docklands, they're pricey but will cut your bill in half on a Tuesday which makes it excellent value, and the quality of the food is outstanding, that is world class kind of outstanding.

In Brisbane, there's Cha Cha Char, the Wagyu is out of this world (they've collected the Best Steak Award several times), and I haven't even tried the top of the range steak which will probably make a grown man weep it's very pricey though and their excellent wine list can blow out the damage exponentially, but worth a once-off for a celebration, or for the Check and Training captains reading this, because you're worth it