PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF447
Thread: AF447
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2009, 20:50
BOAC
Per Ardua ad Astraeus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks ELAC - that's good news!

I commented a while back on 'crew rest' issues and as a (retired) short-haul w***er [with NO experience of flight-crew 'relief(')] I expressed the opinion that I would not expect a Captain to 'take his rest' with the ITCZ to cross and 6-7 hours of relative peace to follow. I was somewhat surprised yesterday to hear from a 5 year retired BA 747 trainer friend that in his life the system was very 'rigid' and that rest would be taken 'on schedule'. I had always assumed that as Captain and 'responsible' I would, in that position, have dispatched a co to rest in my rest slot. Certainly with the known 'history' of probe problems in weather I would be pretty certain I would have stayed. Anyone to comment?

Hyperv - I don't think anyone has suggested that? AD failure is all I think we assume although there have been questions over ISIS? As far as we know, I think, it is assumed that IRS systems would be unaffected UNLESS denied by the software.

FrequentSLF - armed with my new knowledge from the Tech forum and with acknowledgement to SmartCockpit, High AoA protection does appear to be lost with dual ADR failure.