PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those that can do, those that can't teach.
Old 27th Jun 2009, 18:31
GearDownFlaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tis true IO .
The aviation industry is full of bull****ters and yeh a great many are found in this very arena , and in the corner of flying clubs everywhere AllaKadoohs as they are commonly known .
I am lucky that age isnt something I will be seen to have as an issue as I am forty albeit inexperienced as an Instructor.
I dont think the training in itself necessarily need amending the PPL has been almost this way for years and in general seems to be adequate .
It is the attitude that some are holier than thou that gets people hurt and not particularly lack of or standard of training .
Im sure EASA will stir the pot a bit more and come up with all manner of amendments allegedly for our benefit , the IMC being the hot potato.
I have never liked the hour building instructors and think that very few make good ones , there wikll be obvious exceptions .
If I am found wanting as an instructor in the early days I can only hope I will improve with experience , honest feedback from trial lessons and group checks are always invited .
I do however see a few guys whom Im happy to say I will not be emulating