PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Zest Airways MA60 crashlanding in Caticlan again?
Old 27th Jun 2009, 09:24
twotters

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This had to happen!

This had to happen!

I mentioned in my post http://www.pprune.org/4890968-post87.html that this aircraft is not made for Caticlan. Zest Air ist one of the most dangerous operators because the pilots lack training, the management lacks management capabilities and the pilots seem to be under incredible pressure to maintain the schedule even at the cost of safety.

I have met in Laos pilots of Lao Aviation which trained some of the Zest Air mates in the Philippines. They warned them not to use the MA60 into Caticlan. They refused to even fly there.

What happened than was that the pilots were sent back to Laos because they didn't cooperate with Zest Air management!

The buggers in Zest management seem to know nothing about the MA60 operation and think that the aircraft is an ATR or a Q Series. The aircraft has a too heavy empty weight and too weak engines.

Everybody can just be warned of flying with the MA60 in the Philippines. Use PAL or 5J when you fly in the Islands but never Zest!