PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2009, 08:55
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SP

The reason why Heathrow based crews score higher is because there is not the turnover of staff as there is at LGW. Crews are more experienced and professional. Reducing crew compliments will prove the point that the service onboard will be dumbed down to Gatwick satisfaction levels.
I find that comment incredibly condescending and patronising. All this coming from one set of CC against another? I don't ever recall flight crew calling LGW flight crew dumbed down or not as good as LHR flight crew? We all do the same job to the same levels with the same skill set irrespective of whether we fly out of LGW or LHR.

From my perspective, every time I have operated out of LGW, I have found the crew to be a breath of fresh air. Less bitter than some LHR crew and more willing to get the job done to the best of their abilities whilst operating at crew levels that would make LHR crew run crying to mother BASSA.

In fact, on many occasions I have had passenger comments on the positive performance of the crew as the passengers disembarked. Something that I have very seldom heard at LHR.

SO, to put this to bed, surely you should stop sniping at each other and get your inept, lazy union to do some proper representation before it all hits meltdown? Surely that would be a better channel for your, understandable, frustrations.