PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VBA + AIR or AIZ (Air New Zealand)
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2009, 08:52
27/09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Shaws analysis doesn't make any sense to me. I don't think AirNZ is struggling to the extent alluded to in his comments certainly they are doing no worse than any other airline and probably doing better than most airlines.

As for the comment on Qantas the "regional powerhouse", while AirNZ is much smaller I think it is in much better shape than Qantas, it seems to have much better staff "buy in", a management that is on the ball and respected by staff, and has a younger fleet that is better suited to the current climate.

The article by Matt O'Sullivan is probably closer to the truth. Why would AirNZ want to invest in VB if other investors are not keen. I don't see AirNZ wanting to invest in another Aussie bargain, once bitten twice shy.

I see AirNZ sticking to their knitting, keeping to themselves, and getting on with business. Airlines like VB/PB are most certainly a thorn in their side, however if the story is true that VB need cash just to keep going then the perceived need for AirNZ to do any deal might just disappear as VB/PB will probably make rationalisations to their operations.