PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flexible Fares
Thread: Flexible Fares
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2009, 00:49
Jofm5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flexible Fares

Hi all,

I am looking at travelling to Orlando from London in Januaray to undertake PPL training and because of the nature of what I am doing I wish to be flexible on my return date.

I have looked at a number options e.g. BA and Virgin Flexible tickets and they are pretty expensive - BA £1.2k each way and Virgin £1.2k return.

However, if I look at virgin terms and conditions when looking at either Economy (non flexible £425) or Premium Economy (non flexible £890)- It says I can make changes at a cost of £70 for either leg (Must stay a Sat night etc etc..).

I am just wondering what it is that makes the flexible tickets that much more expensive to make them worth the money over making changes to a standard ticket.

Do the virgin premium economy seats have laptop charging points as per BA's world traveller plus (Already have the adapter) or any other features other than space/food?

An if anyone knows of any other good options to look at that would be helpful - or is it better to go down to one of the ever decreasing number of travel agents to get the best options rather than look online.

Cheers for any help

Jof

Last edited by Jofm5; 27th Jun 2009 at 03:08.