PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2009, 22:06
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SP, why does someone having a different opinion of the levels of service from LGW and being proud of what they achieve equate to 'shopping your colleagues'?

To be honest, cutting the crew on a LH flight will mean that the meal service takes a little bit longer with less time in crew rest. Whoopy do. In reality most of the passengers in the current climate don't really care about meal services, what they care about is the cost of the ticket and if they think that an extra crew member is going to cost them more money then they won't pay it. Also let's face it most of the service levels on our LH flights from LHR have been dwindling in the past few years anyway.

BASSA have carbon copied the BALPA deal, which I seem to remember you quoted as a 'roll over and take it sweetheart deal'. Only, as usual for BASSA, they have cherry picked the nice bits and left out the nasty 20% allowance cut and the productivity and hours increases. Couldn't have those now could we that would utilise the 'give' word. Nasty, nasty word.

I am sure there is a compromise in there somewhere, to be honest I really hope there is a compromise in there. I don't think you will see WW taking up BASSA's 'productivity' proposals though as, oddly enough, I failed to see any that returned any significant saving.

The whole thing seems to look like the original 'we'll give you a pay freeze and maybe a small cut but that's it and we want it all back in the future' plan just a little better dressed with more fluff.

I feel the company will be rolling about on the floor laughing with this one.

Good job there's plenty of negotiating time left.

Oh, no, there isn't is there!