PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Those that can do, those that can't teach.
Old 26th Jun 2009, 21:34
GearDownFlaps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we are being a bit unfair on us newbies here . Yes there are a lot of instructors out there these days that do not actually want to be such and are just marking time so to speak. There are however others like myself who instruct because we want to and enjoy it . I am not silver haired just yet although I am getting there . I am not vastly experienced either ,but "from small acorns" and all that ****.
I would suggest that anyone contemplating flying training quizzes their instructor sufficiently to negate any fears they may have that he is vile hour building type . There are some wannabee good instructors kicking about there. As for those who cant teach ??Pah !!
I have recently come across some types who feel that my pre 500hrs cpl/ir fic are beneath their steely eyed sky god 600hrs and why should I be teaching them what could I posssibly know??.
Well I have done maybe a dozen of such checkouts on the more than 500hrs club and have yet to find one who can hold a height, heading and speed with any degree of skill , plus or minus 800ft is currently the tolerances most think is acceptable .
As with most things attitude is as important as knowledge and skill .
Bjorn said it best in his last paragraph methinks well said you