PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the latest news of the V22 Osprey?
Old 26th Jun 2009, 20:27
usmc helo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JohnDixson,
Since I'm not a V-22 pilot and don't have access to a NATOPS manual I can't answer that. However, as I've stated before I to have concerns about the aircrafts performance in Afghanistan. The Marine corps wanted and got a sea level machine. However, I'm willing to listen to the Marines and if they think it will be operationally beneficial than who am I, or for that matter anyone else on here to say otherwise?

FH1100,
Do you have any proof of that? Have you found the gunman on the grassy knoll yet?

OFBSLF,
Since I haven't been to New River in a few years I don't know. How many did you count and which hangar did you go to?

I made a statement about (what I feel) are the operational advantages of the V-22 compared to how the Marines do business today. It appears from the comments (with the exception of JohnDixson) made that no one here is capable of countering it so intstead we get more useless and unconfirmed dribble.

By the way...Apparently the 53D engines were only getting 200 hours on wing in Iraq. That came from the 53 PMA office.

Last edited by usmc helo; 26th Jun 2009 at 20:42.