PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS interview process
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2009, 18:42
ATCNoob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can everyone climb down from their moral high horse please.
You have just asked to stop doing something, and then you just climb up on your moral high horse and do the same...

WannabeAtco makes a perfectly valid point in his original post- if HR want people to prep for stage 1 then at least point them in the RIGHT direction- don't tell them to do one thing and then test them on another. its very very unprofessional in an industry that prides itself on the highest standards of profeesionalism.
Of course, some of his point is valid, but it came across as him wanting to be told everything that he was going to be tested on. That's not the point of those tests...Unproffessional by HR - maybe - but everyone makes mistakes. Do you know how many people they assess every year? Would YOU get 20 000 emails perfect everytime?

Furthermore, what is said on internet forums can often be misconstrued, as such it is accepted wisdom to give posts the benefit of the doubt- having read WannbeAtco initial posts he seemed to be making a valid complaint, which some people, who seem to be suffering from inflated ego problems themselves, took humbrage to and shot him down in flames.
You want us to give his posts the benefit of the doubt when he is blatantly said that it "would be HR's fault if he failed"...Come on!! What has 'ego' got to do with anything anyways? If it did have anything to do with our posts then you have just joined the club with yours!

There is one rule on the internet- if you won't say it to someone's face then don't say it all.
OK - that's a bit unfair. Would you have rather I asked for his number, got his address and then spoken to him face to face? If he was sitting right next to me I would be happy to tell him the same thing I wrote.

I suggest everyone takes a long look at what they have written recently and apply this rule to their posts.
That's a tiny bit patronising don't you think??? High-horse?

It is also of some surprise to see the competitiveness that often comes across on this forum- ATC strikes me as far from competitive- you are ONLY competing with yourself.NATS will clearly take anyone they can get, and so the only person you have to beat is yourself. Personally i am all up for helping as many people as possible- in any way possible. I'd love to see everyone on here employed in such a rewarding job as ATCO!
Now, I'm not saying you were referring to me, but would you like to quote someone who was being competitive? As for being up for helping people -If you want to you can happily read through posts I have made in the past and you will see exactly the same from myself, and I am sure others who responded to Wannabee!

However those that have passed stage 2 and 3 often come across as being "better" than others.
Miscontstruing posts are we?

treat each other with respect
What like calling people ATCKnob?

The only reason I made my post after his was because of the cheek of it. NATS owes this guy nothing yet he quite happily showed 'disgust' and blame towards them when it's only HIM that can control the outcome of the process he is going through. Everyone in the past has been in the same boat as him but I have never come across a post like that - ever!