PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Redundancies
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2009, 13:24
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Con, the same applies if some J* crew decide to transfer to QF. They slot in above a number of QF drivers. That was the deal negotiated and agreed upon by both pilot groups. As Led Zepp well knows that same agreement allows a significant number of J* crew to transfer to mainline at a seniority number above a number a significant number of current QF drivers.

Tassie, your comments are hard to reconcile. On the one hand the prospect of 2500 well remunerated pilot jobs fading away seems to bring you great joy and yet you insist that you don't want to see people loose (sic) their jobs. If it's the former then I'm sorry that AIPA's rejection of you (I presume as a regional driver) in the mid 90s has left you so bitter and twisted. If it's the latter then your continued harping on about events of a decade and a half ago is neither productive or sensible. A number of us have apologised on this forum for the lack of foresight shown by a number of successive AIPA COMs over the years in not being more open to regional crews and then Impulse crews. A number of us have advocated for stronger ties between the pilot groups. This continued division (and faux joy at the potential demise of 1400 QF crew who weren't in QF in 95) doesn't contribute towards the unity and stability required to combat an antagonistic management regime. Each to their own I guess.