PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2009, 13:15
L2driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This reminds me of another discussion:
My father is stronger than your father.

Of course, you get what you pay for, and I don't think that the interim UK SAR with the S-92 has anything to be ashamed of, on the contrary.
CHCE Management? They are doing the best they can to sustain business, SAR included. If anyone is telling me that that RAF is doing a better job at managing, I'll be laughing the rest of the day.

Inland SAR with NVG?? Not magic. The Norwegian Air Ambulance Service (civilian) has been using this for years in cooperation with the Norwegian integrated rescue services that includes the RNOAF 330 Sqdn which Crab probably is very familiar with. (The squadron I mean).

Everything can be learned. I don't worry about that this capability will be lost when the RAF gets something else to to with their wonderful 50 year old helicopters and magnificent crews.

If the UK government wants to get NVG and mountain rescue capability- they will get it. However they will have to pay for it, excactly as they are doing now, but this time maybe cheaper.

Last edited by L2driver; 26th Jun 2009 at 15:14. Reason: misprint and added text