PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2009, 13:08
[email protected]

Received 623 Likes on 271 Posts
Pusser - a couple of small points - re the rescue, it wasn't a declared hypothermia case, it was a rescue of an angler in danger who was subsequently treated for hypothermia as a precaution en route to the hospital - therefore all your recently googled knowledge regarding the treatment of the casualty is irrelevant.

In your highly experienced position of authority, did you not consider that Ed might have taken 2 strops, not because he needed to do a double lift from the water, but because it was highly possible the angler had suffered injuries in the washing cycle that might require such a lift?

Second, your attitude that you 'got the job done anyway' is exactly what will scupper SAR provision in the future - unless the highest standards are demanded of the contractor in the first place, the result will be mediocrity brought about by cutting costs and reducing training. I think the British public deserves better than that.

I don't need your sympathy, nor am I tightly wound but don't let me stop you patronising me if it makes you feel better about starting this spat in the first place.

Two-step - yes I gather the vessel was some 700nm out so much support and refuelling will be required - good luck fellas

Airborne artist - perhaps I should have qualified that as being in my time at Chiv (since 2001)