PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SARH to go
Thread: SARH to go
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2009, 09:02
pusser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My post was gentle but the reaction of members of the RAF SARF shows what I was trying to highlight. If you read my words I said the choice of 1 strop was fine, I wasn't there, it wasn't my call. I was pointing out that this was a declared 'Hypothermia' case, we all now that when the body cools,whether in the water or not, the body pools its blood supply around the vital organs to preserve them, hence double stop/stretcher lifts are considered for hypo cases to prevent gravity doing its worst, whether or not they can be achieved is another thing.
The fact of the matter is that if it was CG footage then Crab et al would WANT to find something. That was the POINT! Guys, get over yourselves, please.

To answer the dismissive suggestion that I am an amateur then I had better clarify my experience of SAR = 19 years in the RN of which 9 was SAR followed by CG work here and abroad (16 SAR yrs total), SAR on 5 different aircraft types utilising equipment which should have been in a museum up to state of the art kit, all as a winch op/winch man. Not trying to sing about myself, just answer the typical response of 'u dont know what your doing' comment frequently seen

When I was in the RN I worked very closely to the RAF, and these were my observations at the time which probably still stand today:

1. Extremely Professional
2. The best Flying Training Regime
3. The most number of Training Hours
4. The best SAR kit
5. The best Medical Training
6. The best infrastucture and organisation to support SAR ops

The above is hard to write as an ex matelot even now, how did you think it felt at the time!! However, stark fact remains, we still got the job done! , and had more fun doing it (crab exchange winchmen comments, not mine).
This is where so many posters on this forum are trying to come from but are immediately jumped on. My post was borne from frustration not malice against the RAF.

Crab i actually feel sorry for you, so so much of what you say (sometimes preach!) is true and solid yet you then blow it. You are so tightly wound up the release of tension must be something to behold, just hope it's not in the cockpit, could get messy