PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2009, 05:06
crj705

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The schedule here is not too bad. The worst flight we have is Guangzhou, China and return on the same day. It is 9+ hours of flying and just a really really long day. Thankfully, it ends next week so you won't have to worry about that. As for the other flights we do:

NRT-HNL-NRT. Departs NRT around 9pm. Arrives about 9am HNL time. Rest of the day off. Return next morning departs at 9am and you arrive in NRT about 3pm. This is done with only 2 pilots....no relief crew

NRT-HKG-NRT. Depart around 5pm and arrive in HKG abot 11pm. Return flight leaves late the next night, and arrives in Haneda at about 6am. Taxi back to NRT.

NRT-SIN-NRT. Departs around 4pm and arrives SIN about 11pm. Off all next day. Return next day in morning to arrive in Japan about 4pm.

NRT-BKK-NRT. Scheduled to start in November. Same pattern as SIN above.

NRT-TPE-NRT. Departs about 5pm and arrives about 9pm. Short overnight and return early next morning to arrive in Japan about 1 or 2pm.

NRT-PVG-NRT
NRT-DLC-NRT Both day trips to china. DLC leaves in the morning and gets back early afternoon. PVG leaves around lunch time and gets back about 9pm.

You will flight right about your guarantee (70 hours) per month. In the past, we have a pretty good bit of overtime, but as of late, it has dropped off. We have pilots that have requested to work part time because we are slightly overstaffed at the moment.

You will always get your 10 days off in a row to go home. You don't bid a schedule like we are use to doing in the US. You simply tell the scheduler where you want your 10 days, and he builds your schedule around it. He does his best to give you a late start on your first day and an early finish on your last but you really have no control over what the company does with you when you are here to work.

I have always gotten the days off that I requested, but as the company grows, I am sure that will be more difficult but the scheduler is pretty amazing and works hard to accommodate every request.