PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PNG Ples Bilong Tok Tok
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2009, 04:45
Ricky Bobby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From today's National.

Who? what? where?

PNG for shuttle serviceSIMBERI Gold Mine in New Ireland province has struck at three-year deal with Airlines PNG for a 19-seater Beach 1900D to operate in both international and domestic routes.
The contract comes at a time the airliner was looking for additional contract not only in the country but throughout Asia-Pacific and the South Pacific region.
The miner signed the deal in which Airlines PNG will provide air transport service to its employees and freight, for both scheduled and non-scheduled charter services to the mine site on Tabar Islands east of New Ireland.
This operation will start on Monday.
In a statement, Airline PNG said the contract combined and centralised all Simberi’s aviation requirements under one roof.
Operationally and logistically, this was a sound decision and ensured less chance for delays in crew change and/or freight to and from the island, it said.
Allen Tyson, general manager for contracts and charter, said: “This is a landmark day not only for Airlines PNG but also for Simberi Mine.
“Securing this contract extends the airliner’s portfolio out to six major contracts within PNG and places it at the fore front of fixed-wing operators providing safe, consistent and reliable aviation services in support of the mining community within PNG,” he said.
Mr Tyson the airline operated an all-Bombadier de Havilland fleet of Dash 8.