PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Redundancies
View Single Post
Old 26th Jun 2009, 03:16
Jetbest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hugh,
be carefull listening to advice from your more senior pilots and AIPA..They will be okay as always while the young guys suffer[i know it once happened to me,and i lost my job] .The QF pilots have just been given a 16% pay rise for no offsets over the term of there EBA making them the most expensive Pilot group in the world.The first thing the company did was give the 767 freighter flying away,this should tell you something,there is more to come.Flying a 767 to NZ,complete with a personal flight attendant,with crew changes etc was always a nonsense.
The GOAL list is a pipe dream and will never happen.The cost to administer it and the extra Pilots required to make it work are incalcuable.
I feel sorry for you and your colleagues in similar positions and know how you feel believe me i have been there. Hiding behind your EBA as some have suggested will not help you retain employment,it is the cause of the problem,not the solution.
Good luck to you and guys in similar positions.It is going to be a rocky road and lets hope the majority of us come through with employment.

Take care.