PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL(A) Renewal After 3 Yrs? - Help Please!
Old 25th Jun 2009, 16:14
Strobin Purple

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PPL(A) Renewal After 3 Yrs? - Help Please!

Gents

I have the opportunity of doing some recreational civvy flying round the States for a month starting 12 Jul (in between some hot and high RW trg) and am in the process, albeit tardily, of reinvigorating my PPL(A). I've done a bit of a search but most of the threads relate to people who are far more organised than I, and consequently are talking about recent renewals. May I pick your collective training brains and tell me whether I am getting the right end of the stick?

My stats:

1. JAA PPL(A) expired 03/06/06, issued 04/06/01 in UK.
2. SEP Rating expired 05/09/02, date of last check 06/09/00.
3. Class 2 medical in process of re-issue, my service SMO able to rubber stamp my existing Class 2 and re-issue.

If I read LASORS and my search results right I need to:

i) Complete the Skill Test in accordance with Appendices 1 & 3 to JAR-FCL 1.240 with a JAR Authorised Examiner.
ii) Pass an oral theoretical knowledge examination conducted by the Examiner as part of the Skill Test.
iii) The LST/LPC form, completed as a renewal, should be sent to CAA PLD for endorsement, together with the appropriate fee as per the Scheme of Charges- £65?
iv) The Examiner should make no licence entry.

If I can get someone at my club to do i) and ii) quickly enough, do I still have enough time to get the licence turned around by the CAA in time for my US deployment and if not is there a facility where you can go down to Gatwick in person to expedite issue of some form of UK JAA documentation that will allow me to rent an ac in the US?

Questions, questions...appreciate the help especially Beags as he seems to be some form of GA guru?

Rgds

SP