PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2009, 15:24
sunnysmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow....

I'm joining the debate late on but here goes:

Virginia,
If you are a CF member you'll see that Gg was threatened... but the post was modified as apparently it was 'beneath' the original poster to make such statements!!!!! that makes it ok now eh?

I'm a pilot: I do not 'hate' crew or 'hate' BASSA etc. However I cannot say the same about my CC colleagues about us. Don't get me wrong, the vast majority of the crew I work with are great and I have had some great trips - even recently. What does get me down, is that if you do have an 'alternative' view to the BASSA mantra then suddenly you are the 'centre of anger'!!! how childish!!!!

My wife is crew, and everyday she comes home with a new story of how 'the rich pilots are robbing the poor CC'. When she tells the crew involved that she has seen the BALPA document and that we are in fact taking a pay cut etc she gets accused of fibbing etc........

On my trips when I'm asked to join the discussion (I call it pilot baiting: get a pilot to talk about what HE/SHE thinks about the CC situation, then write on CF/BASSA forum how brave you are for taking on a 'Nigel') all I do know is state fact (which apparently are different to BASSA FACT!)

All I ask now is: why has BASSA not shown you the actually BALPA agreement? you know the one my reps gave to your union before they gave it to me?

One reply was: BASSA have not got BALPAs 'private' document..........

so I gave the CC mine.....

still apparently I was a 'crew hater'

The best discussion was with a purser who said she would rather bankrupt the company then give in as she couldn't afford the BA proposals.....

I did mention that she would then not have a job.... but apparently that's better the BA 'winning'

never mind

I can't be bothered anymore!!!

SS