PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - unionisation discussions...
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2009, 15:07
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Clanger32
sometimes T and C degradation is necessary for survival.
In the struggle for survival cadetship and sponsorship were shed. Then there came SSTR and finally pay-for-the-line-training. Allegedly it was all for a good cause: to make the companies fitter. As a result someone got bitten by 10E5 pounds ticket to ride in MRJT RHS and all of a sudden it's everyone's problem that BALPA should do something about while T&C degradation is, sadly, necessary.

If BALPA is to be judged by its performance in dispute with BA over Open Skies, then it is toothles. However, even its toothles jaw can make pretty expensive damage to RYR's pilots relationship model.
I do think MO'L is a very shrewd - if deeply unethical - operator. I also think he's missing a very large trick in that if you continually stretch anything, eventually it snaps.
Don't worry about the man, if the day ever comes when even RYR customers can no longer afford its low fares, when local communities pull the plug on advertising via RYR, when market for used 738 collapses, when Jet A1 hedging goes fatally wrong, he will be more ready than anyone.

Neither Borman nor Lorenzo walked away from ruins of Eastern with much distress. And union played its part till the end and picked up all the blame.

Dear Clanger32, I sincerely hope you get your dream job very soon.