PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AA Captain Throws Secret Service Agent Off Flight
Old 28th Dec 2001, 11:35
AA SLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very interesting reading, even from the Americans who have posted before me. Here is a link to the Federal Code about what a Law Enforcement Office (LEO) has to comply with, as well as what the airlines have to do:
<a href="http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/cfrhtml_00/Title_14/14cfr108_00.html" target="_blank">http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/cfrhtml_00/Title_14/14cfr108_00.html</A>
Note - section-108.219 for the details.
Yes, the Captain has final decision to fly the LEO or not. Yes, the Captain should exercise sound judgement (IMHO). I say that the Captain exercised poor judgement! I don't want to fly with Captains that exhibit poor judgement cause it could cost me my life!

This whole scene is a fiasco. The Captain could have picked up a phone (even his cell) and called the Secret Service to confirm the Agents bona fides. The police authorities at the airport could have done the same thing through their liason channels. You say you can't call the Secret Service. Bull $#%@ - call 911 in the USA and ask for a patch to the Secret Service. Bet you get it, especially when you mention Presidential security to Dispatch.
LEO's, as are ALL emergency service personnel, the most dedicated people in the world, because they put their LIFE on the line ever day for YOU AND ME! And this is the Thanks they get from y'all for being willing to take a bullit for you??? I wonder if this Captain is willing to stand in front of a gun? For me? I don't think so, and I don't think most of y'all would either!

LEO's walk forward when everyone else is walking away. WTC should be something y'all remember, eh?
How many cops, firemen and medics were killed?

Christmas spirit - I wonder???

dAAvid -

This Agent WAS on duty, as travel in an official capacity is "on duty" time.