PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - unionisation discussions...
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2009, 14:14
max_cont

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clanger32…yep clearer now.

I agree, the training side of things has got way out of hand. Schools are only interested in selling training and the dream. Can you blame them for that? Should BALPA seek to curtail pilot training in any sort of free society? I don’t believe they should. I would however agree totally with your position regarding a TR and line training.

It is the industries fault along with successive governments that there has been zero planning for pilot training and it continues.

What I find bemusing is the fact that a certain airline charges for interviews etc. I do sometimes wonder what those not in aviation who defend this practice, on this site and others, would do if all employers started to follow suite…I’d predict blood on the carpet.

IMO what we are seeing is the worst aspects that competition brings to the table. I find it incredible that there are those in aviation who cannot see beyond their own short term gain. A few years ago the association chairman told me it was “easier to herd cats than organise pilots” So it proves…especially with the newcomers.

I do agree that BALPA should parade Thomson Airways as an example of what can be achieved with the right approach. It’s not all sweetness and light, and like any partnership, there is a robust and frank exchange of views. But like any marriage, compromise is usually the way forward.