PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2009, 13:34
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pib,

Sigh.....

Name calling? Rant? Hardly, just trying to get someone who is a BASSA supporter to explain the rational behind the BASSA negotiating mantra. The resort of name calling has never entered my posts, just my opinion on how BASSA have failed, constantly to represent their members.

PC767

You are spouting the same old rhetoric, and I can find no other reason then, because you hate cabin crew/Bassa.
Now, sorry, but where have you dragged this drivel up from? At no point have I ever had anything against CC. In fact, if you could be bothered to re-read back you will find that I have alot of respect for the Cabin Crew I work with. That will never change. As to BASSA, I find it difficult to have any respect for an organisation that proclaims to protect its members wishes whilst consistently withholding information from them and not involving the core membership group in decision making that affects them all.

Even on this board here we have seen CC who would jump at the chance of VR but, by heel dragging and obstructiveness it would seem that that opportunity is about to go. Unless BASSA manage to pull a rabbit out of a hat before the 30th. Somehow I doubt it but, hey, maybe.

My main point is that you (BASSA) still have some sort of misguided idea that the company is not in trouble. BASSA seem to think that the removal of WW will result in the land of milk and honey returning and all will be well again in BASSA land. To use the words of Alan Sugar, 'Ain't gonna happen'. The 'nitty gritty' of what was Project Columbus and is now on the table before BASSA is well known. Fixed hourly rate, fixed flying pay, removal of 'credits', no more lunch, CAT or dinner payments. Fixed links, tours, reduction of standby crews, overall reduction of CC personnel by 2000 jobs (not heads, jobs equating to 3500-4000 redundancies) removal of discomfort allowances, telephone allowances, night allowance etc.

Not difficult to surmise really as it is exactly what the flight crew gave up years ago. But then we are still too overpaid aren't we? We should give up everything we have so that BASSA doesn't have to use the word 'give'? Time to rationalise I'm afraid.

I have no gripes against the crew and I think BASSA has done them a grave disservice by allowing this situation to develop over the years.

Edit:

Forgot to add,

Opinionated drivel
It seems that one can't have an opinion if it differs from the BASSA mantra as GlamGirl and Nuigini have sadly found out.

Now, what was that Bullying word again?

BA document, Negotiations have been underway since February
I'm sure that BA have been trying to negotiate but, from what I can gather it seems to have been a one sided negotiation with BASSA not present very often. Seem familiar?