PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2009, 12:35
wobble2plank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PC767, Pib et al,

It would seem from the missives your unions are sending out that the negotiations are not running either well nor intelligently. 'first shocked then angry'?, 'Won't bore you with the Nitty Gritty'?

Add to that the time frame available to you and I would suggest that the unions have left it too late for too long.

As to the BALPA deal, if you could be bothered to either read or understand the small print it states that the BALPA agreement will only be activated when all other departments cost savings targets have been achieved. Thus, if you agree a deal, which I hope you do for the sake of your members, or get savings imposed along with all the tiresome BASSA tub thumping that will involve, then BAPLA will implement our cost savings.

Negotiations since February? I depends upon your definition of negotiation? I would suggest that the 'no, no, no, now whats the question?' approach coupled with the schoolchild 'but why should we give up anything when they haven't given up anything' is not the art of skilled, intelligent negotiation. Your difficulties in this stem from your inability to negotiate in the past.

Now, stop ranting about how other, already 'leaned' (read no ridiculous bonus payments etc.) departments have managed to achieve their negotiations by the deadline and concentrate on getting a good deal for your members without the childish name calling.