PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TC 'Terrifies' Passengers - The Press at their worst
Old 25th Jun 2009, 12:30
Nicholas49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lawyers (in my experience) share their thinking and the basis of it, to assist the client in instructing them.
They synthesise the information and tell the client what they need to know, on a need to know basis. Just like the pre-flight passenger brief. The solicitor and pilot always know more than the client/passenger, but they do not trouble/confuse/bore them with all the details.

arrogantly withold the reasons for a diagnosis
That is not what I am talking about. Of course doctors give reasons. Do you want them to regurgitate the contents of medical school notes so you understand everything? I doubt it.

then I'll get interested and look for reassurance. If I don't get the reassurance, I'll de-plane. I don't really care what you think about that perspective.
You sound like the nightmare passenger. One of those 'I know best' types.

it is not in line with normal human nature to pay twice for the same service, unless there is a compelling driver.
Actually, yes I can believe it. Based on conversations between passengers I have overheard on aircraft, it surprises me not one iota. Read the above comments by a pilot on 'mob mentality' too.

anyone who thinks that professionals such as lawyers and doctors can operate in a vacuum, without potential consequences, is naive.
No one has said that. It shows you have not understood the point.

they are not professionals in the true sense of the definition, e.g. having a professional institute(s) that awards the qualifications/professional grades necessary to practice, being held accountable to a code of professional practice from that institute
Will leave your last comment to a professional pilot for comment.