PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good VFR Routes from YSBK to YSBK
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2009, 12:17
Inbound Outbound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Totally agree with you Bentleg - Thanks for sharing.
I think it's a great idea to go up with an instructor (who's probably flown the route hundred's of times) as it then gives you the idea of how to 'get in' and follow the V1 procedures without stressing. I also recently thought of giving Harbour scenic 2 a go as i'm also unfamiliar with.. just in case Harbour scenic 1 is not available. SY TERMINAL/DEP dislike pilots that are unfamiliar or not organised with routes and procedures around the Sydney Basin especially if they've been around for a while!

mcgrath50, I was on the same boat as you (restricted only within the BK training area!) ..after a while you start to realise how small that area really is. Wait till you go for your first nav solo.. You will feel relief, much confident with yourself and learn many things on your own! - I've recently learnt that all your knowledge, confidence and learning comes from all your command hours you fly. There will be days where you loved the flight and everything worked out well and then there will be days where you drive back home banging your head on the steering wheel and nearly getting taken out by a Mack truck. Just learn as much as you can from every single flight.
Sorry for the essay.. just my 2 cents.

Regards,
Inbound Outbound