PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2009, 11:57
PC767

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts
I cannot stay quiet any longer.

Glamgirl. Check your history. LHR crew did not allow the creation of SFG. Nor did LHR/BASSA careless what happened at LGW. 1) LHR crew were not invited to vote on the creation of SFG. 2) BASSA was not opposed to SFG but asked its' members at LGW to vote no whilst a better deal was negotiated. LGW crew voted for the deal they got. If it is worse than LHR it is because they accepted it, nothing to do with LHR crews, nor for that matter the old regional crews. I was based at MAN at the creation of SFG and wasn't given a vote either. So, stop using this outdated mantra as a tool for division or revenge. It isn't accurate and it isn't helpful.

Who here can tell me that BASSA and indeed AMICUS are not negotiating? Is it a fact or hearsay? Quote from a business briefing by a BA manager on 24/06/09.

We have limited scope for cost reductions in IFCE as employment costs take up 99% of our budget
Since February, we have been in talks with the unions, which continue as we speak. There is a communications blackout during this time, which is why we’re not updating you on progress.