PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA and Project Columbus III
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2009, 11:27
Poof in Boots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BASSA Supporter

There is an unbelievable amount of bigotry here in this thread and PPRUNE's very own Lord Haw Haw does not know what he is talking about. The countdown to the 30th means nothing, because nothing will be agreed by then.

Walsh is playing brinkmanship and has held back from giving BASSA his impositions, so as to create further pressure on negotiations. It has all been seen before.

The reason BA crew are not posting here is that it is a lost cause dealing with such envy and jealosy from the flight crew. What is the personal motive for such vindictiveness towards BA cabin crew and their union?

Some posts here have clearly no idea BASSA or the Chair of the union is doing or saying. In fact you don't know anything about what is going on between BA and BASSA. Your posts are pure fantasy

If the negotiations fail, the BALPA deal goes too. Walsh has been far too generous with BA pilots, yet he is bullying a mainly female workforce. This looks so bad in the media. So hopefully the BALPA deal will be ripped up and the pilots will have to contribute a fair share towards Willie's "Fight For Survival". I would suggest at least a 5% cut in pay permanently which they could well afford. Pilots need to be paid the market rate, BA can no longer afford to subsidise their extravagant lifestyles. I think most people would agree that £70,000 is quite enough reward for a Captain.

As far as people resigning from BASSA: first of all good riddance to anyone that does not support the union, we don't want you, secondly more than 100 crew have joined the BASSA in the last two weeks. Actually the people here who say they have resigned, actually haven't. So why say you have?

AMICUS/89 membership is less than 700 and there are over 14,000 cabin crew in BA. There are not many people who do not belong to either union