PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Captain dismissed for promoting unions
Old 25th Jun 2009, 09:30
cockney steve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Supply and demand old chap...
And this is why Aircrew have to negotiate for better terms.

MOL is in charge of the cake...you get a slice, as do suppliers,financiers,airport operators groundstaff etc.
If you want a bigger share of the crumbs, MOL will want to see a benefit

-to the business.....bolshie agressive dick-swinging on either side will promote the present situation.

Until Joe Public realises that Aviation is just a glamorous bus/train/coach/ferry
-type operation, he'll continue to spend vast sums with Training -organisations.

They will take the cash and sucker the next batch of wannabe's ....sell the dream, the illusion that the Pilot -life is frozen in the late 50's.

Your crocodile-tears will never be taken seriously until T & C's match the aspirations of the target workforce......a pilot-shortage will drive up T & C 's.....but there ain't a shortage and the situation will not change for a couple of years.-there's still a vast number of newbies, fresh out of flight -school to be absorbed yet,and that's before the trainers ramp-up their ops.

sorry, off-track again. Given the apparent hostility between RYR management and crew, it seems a very foolish move to carry out the alleged activities in the alleged manner.......If enough people want change, they can join the Union.- once critical -mass is achieved, management has no alternative than to acknowledge them. Any management ignoring the wishes of the majority of it's workforce, is doomed. (look to the recent Formula 1 debacle, for inspiration.

I have never ever belonged to a Union,but I acept they have their place. I think the RYR culture is a bit like that of "Animal Farm", in that there have been few, if any, checks and balances to the management's streamlining of costs and raising of revenues....

If you're unhappy, but don't want to pay Union -dues -Then find better employment elsewhere.....No jobs?.......welcome to the real world,-tailor your expectations accordingly.