PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sea Harrier photos from Falklands War - my dad? (E-J)
Old 25th Jun 2009, 08:58
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anna,

I'm pretty sure the ' Sea Harrier FRS1 ' at Yeovilton museum is a cobbled up fake, all usable Sea Harriers were converted to FRS2's then FA2's.

If ever coming down South ( please PM me ) we have a complete Sea Vixen and a Sea Harrier ( FA2 ) at Tangmere, West Sussex, which I'm sure you and your children would be welcome to inspect.

I used to know the daughter of a WW11 Test Pilot, - Robin Milne - she often used to say " if only I'd sat him down and recorded his experiences ".

Then in the mid 1980's a very good book was published, ' Test Pilots, the history of British Test Flying ' by the late Don Middleton.

He mentioned Jenny's dad, and she wrote to him saying " he did a lot more than that ! "

D.M. Replied that he would amend any second edition, and meanwhile would she like a tape of his interview with her Dad ?!

This was worth more than any gold to her; with a bit of luck something similar exists for your Father - I have found the archive section at Yeovilton quite slow to respond, but the engineers terrific; keep looking !

Regards,

Andy